Even if you’re not looking to move house, we all love to check what’s on the market every now and then. Whether it means looking on Rightmove, or tuning in to an episode of Location, Location, Location, there’s something about having a snoop around other people’s houses that is actually quite fun.
This month Kirstie – who has a house in Devon – and Phil were back on our screens and this time they hit Glasgow for Channel 4’s hit show Location, Location, Location. Episode five of the 37th series saw Kirstie help couple Laura and Euan who recently moved back from Sydney to find a place in the city whilst Phil gave Miriam and David a tour until they found their perfect home.
Whilst it can be challenging to settle on a location, what’s even more challenging is finding the perfect place to live without having to make compromises given the cost of buying in the current market. So the help of Phil and Kirstie can usually come in very handy.
Following the return of the hit show, GlasgowLive decided to apply for the show and see how they got on.
Location, Location, Location application process
Chain free house hunter
Before you enter any details, they ask that those applying are a “chain-free house hunter” and it doesn’t matter whether you’re solo or a big family.
After filling in some basic info such as your name and contact details, you’ll be asked to list where exactly you want to look at giving them your top location.
Location (location, location)
For example if you want to move to the east or west end of the city, tell them the exact location such as ‘Finnieston, Glasgow’ not just ‘Finnieston’
This step is optional however you can at this stage upload a photo or/and a family photo to accompany your application.
At this stage they will ask you the following questions:
- Please tell us a bit about yourself (we’d love to hear a bit more about your occupation, any people or pets you live with, any interests or hobbies you have AND something unique about you).
- How did you hear we were looking for applicants?
- Are there any upcoming dates that you’re unavailable/out of the country?
These are more specific questions about why you’re looking to move and what your current situation is.
The questions they ask are as follows:
- What is your budget?
- What is your current situation?
- Do you have a mortgage in principle?
- What is your deposit, and do you have it in place?
- Are you a first time buyer?
- Are you a solo buyer, or buying with a partner or relative? If buying with someone, list their name and age
- What is your ideal time frame for buying your new home?
- Have you been on TV before? If so, what and when?
- How many bedrooms would you like?
- Please describe the property you are looking for
- How many properties have you viewed in person so far?
- Why do you need Kirstie and Phil’s help? (Please include any aspects of your search that are proving particularly difficult)
- How desperate are you to move?
After this stage you can upload a video if you wish to do so about why you want to apply – but again don’t worry if this isn’t your cuppa tea as you can chose not to.
Although you may have to appear on TV so don’t get too camera shy.
If you apply let us know – we’d love to hear from you!
More news from around Devon: